There are no auditions at this time.
Mu occasionally offers unpaid administrative or production internships for students looking to expand their experience and knowledge. If you are interested in discussing internship opportunities, please contact Managing Director Shannon Freeby by e-mailing email@example.com.
Mu Performing Arts seeks a House Manager for our 2014-2015 season.
The House Manager supervises all front-of-house operations, ensuring that our patrons’ experience is enjoyable and safe.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee box office staff, ushers, program distribution, and lobby prep
• Oversee patron experience, safety, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance
• Coordinate activities with the Stage Manager (timing, intermissions)
• Maintain the theater’s public spaces
• Compile a daily House Manager report (report form provided)
• Maintain a professional demeanor to ensure the highest level of customer service
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
• Arrive 1 hour before show time and stay 30 minutes past end of show
The House Manager will cover one, more, or all of the following productions:
• MIDDLE BROTHER: Sept. 11-28, 2014 at The Southern Theater (12 performances)
• MU DAIKO IN CONCERT (Nov. 12-16, 2014) at Mixed Blood Theatre (6 performances – Sat & Sun matinees)
• A VERY ASIAN CHRISTMAS CONCERT (Nov. 29-30, 2014) at The Southern Theater (2 performances)
• FOB (Jan. 29-Feb. 15, 2015) at Mixed Blood Theatre (12 performances)
• TWELFTH NIGHT (May 28-June 21, 2015) at Mixed Blood Theatre (12 performances)
The starting pay is $50/performance. (For example, MIDDLE BROTHER would be $200/weekend.) Showtimes are typically Thursday-Saturdays at 7:30 pm and Sundays at 2:00 pm. MU DAIKO IN CONCERT has an additional Saturday matinee from 2:00-3:00 pm.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Shannon Freeby, Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please include your availability for the 2014-2015 season.
Application deadline: September 1, 2014