Mu occasionally offers unpaid administrative or production internships for students looking to expand their experience and knowledge. If you are interested in discussing internship opportunities, please contact Managing Director Don Eitel by e-mailing email@example.com.
Audition notice for KUNG FU ZOMBIES VS CANNIBALS by Saymoukda Vongsay
Produced by Mu Performing Arts
Directed by Randy Reyes
At the Southern Theater
Rehearsals begin Sept 10; Opening on Oct 12; Closing on Oct 27
A paid position
Looking for equity and non-equity Asian American actors and actors of color. Experience in Martial Arts is preferred, but not necessary. Must move well. We are looking to cast a number of characters but will focus on the characters below for the auditions. We are also looking for a chorus of 5-7 fighters (must know Martial Arts very well) who don’t have lines, but will play the Zombies, Cannibals, Looters, etc. All other characters are already cast.
- Arahan – Asian American female, 20-30 yrs old. A baddass with a chip on her shoulder. Great fighter. Strong fighter with a heart of gold. A survivor. A good sense of humor.
- Loc – African American or person of color, male, 25-45. A gangster from the hood turned Buddhist monk. Speaks poetically. Great sense of humor. Also good fighter. Loc has gravitas. A father figure. A leader.
- Slim – Asian American male, 18-25. Also gangster turned Buddhist. Jokester from the streets. Younger than Loc. Good fighter. He can sometimes be a spaz.
- Mara – Asian American female, 25-45. Leader of the Cannibals. She is a socio-path that is bordering on insanity. She speaks very well. A charismatic leader. She fights well.
Auditions are on Mon June 17 and Tue June 18 from 5-9pm.
Callbacks are on Sat. June 22nd from 1-5 pm.
Auditions and callbacks will be located at Mu’s theater studio in NE Mpls (2700 NE Winter Street, Suite 1A, Minneapolis, MN 55413) Please use “2850 Winter Street NE” for online map searches.
If you are interested in one or more of the characters and/or being in the chorus of fighters, please email Randy Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
• Your Name
• The part(s) you’re interested in. Character or fighter or both.
• The day and time slot your available by the hour. (example: Mon between 5-6pm)
We will email you back with a specific time slot and sides. Please note that the sides might not be the characters that you’re auditioning for.
About the play:
Take a ride into a post-apocalyptic world where zombies have taken over and cannibals hide in the mountains. Developed through the Mu/Jerome Foundation New Performance Program, Vongsay’s new play features martial arts battles and a hip hop score, spun by a live DJ. Based on the five Buddhist tenets, follow two women as they struggle to maintain their personal moral code in a world gone wrong.
Also check Minnesota Playlist for details on Mu’s upcoming auditions.