- Where is your theater?
Mu does not own a theater space. Rather, our productions take place at different venues throughout the city each season. Be sure to check out information on all of our shows to find out where they will be playing.
- Are your shows appropriate for children?
Mu productions feature a variety of genres and sometimes include material that may not be appropriate for young children. While taiko is ALWAYS great for kids who can handle loud noises, we advise you to adhere to suggested ages provided for each production. You can also feel free to contact us if you have questions about the content of a Mu show.
- Do you only cast Asian American actors?
No. Our mission speaks to the Asian American experience. As such, we emphasize a Pan-Asian perspective in our work. There are instances, however, where we cast non-Asian actors for specific roles. If you have questions about auditioning for a production, see our auditions page or email us.
- I am an actor/designer/technician and am interested in working on a Mu production. How do I get involved?
Information on upcoming auditions for actors is available on our auditions page. If you are interested in being considered for production crews, please email a copy of your resume to us.
- I have written a script that I would like Mu to consider. How do I submit my work?
Scripts can be sent electronically to email@example.com or mailed to the Mu office at the following address:
- Attention: Scripts Department Mu Performing Arts 275 East 4th St. Suite 496 St. Paul, MN 55101-1682
- How can I rent your theater for my rehearsal/performance?
Mu does not have a performance space for rent, but we do have rehearsal space available. Contact the Managing Director for more information.
- Why is Mu Performing Arts becoming two separate organizations?
Organizational leadership has realized that operating as two separate organizations will better fulfill the vision and mission of each. Mu Daiko will continue with the drumming classes and performances and Mu Performing Arts continue with all of the current theater programming, as well as expanding these offerings.
- When will this happen?
The transition to separate operations has already begun and will be completed by August 2017.
- I ordered tickets to your show. Will they come in the mail?
All tickets sold directly through Mu Performing Arts’ website are available at will call at the theater box office on the day of the performance. For mainstage productions, ticket sales are handled through the venue’s box office, and any mailing, printable tickets, or will call pick-up is determined through the box office at the time of purchase.
- I am a subscriber. How do I get my tickets?
To receive your tickets, please contact the Mu office by calling (651) 789-1012 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation for each production. Once you make your reservation, your tickets will be available for you at will call.
- When Mu performs shows at Mixed Blood Theatre, does that mean I get free tickets?
Unfortunately, no. Mixed Blood Theatre is only offering free tickets for their own productions. Mu shows are often performed in the Mixed Blood Theatre space, but are solely produced by Mu. All advertised ticket fees apply for these shows.
- Do you offer ticket discounts?
All Mu productions have student and senior rates. We also offer special rates for groups, classes, and community organizations. Occasionally, Mu offers special deals exclusively for our online followers. Like us on Facebook to take advantage of those deals!
- Where can I see Mu's Financial Information?
We aim to be as transparent and open about the funding we receive and the expenses we incur as we continue to produce great works that are mission-driven. The last three years of financial audits can be found below:
- Mu Audit FY13 - Download PDF
- Mu Audit FY14 - Download PDF
- Mu Audit FY15 - Download PDF