Mu produces great performances born of arts, equality, and justice from the heart of the Asian American experience.
Mu creates global acceptance of Asian American culture and perspectives through theater and taiko.
Primary Artistic Values
- To give voice and cultural profile to the Asian American community.
- To offer opportunities for mainstream audiences to gain insight and empathy for Asian American culture and heritage.
- To provide professional development opportunities for emerging Asian American artists.
- To promote awareness of and progressive action on issues of social justice and gender equity in society.
- To move, provoke, and challenge our audiences to understand, embrace, and celebrate diversity.
The Meaning of Mu
Mu (pronounced MOO) is the Korean pronunciation of the Chinese character for the
shaman/artist/warrior who connects the heavens and the earth through the tree of life.