Mu produces great performances born of arts, equity, and justice from the heart of the Asian American experience.
Mu celebrates and empowers Asian Americans through theater and taiko.
Primary Artistic Values
- To give voice and cultural profile to the Asian American community.
- To offer opportunities for mainstream audiences to gain insight into and empathy for Asian American culture and heritage.
- To provide professional development opportunities for emerging Asian American artists.
- To promote awareness of and progressive action on issues of social justice and gender equality in society.
- To move, provoke, and challenge our audiences to understand, embrace, and celebrate diversity.
The Meaning of Mu
Mu (pronounced MOO) is the Korean pronunciation of the Chinese character for the shaman/artist/warrior who connects the heavens and the earth through the tree of life.